It is very essential for international students to monitor the expiration date of the visa. The immigration Bureau will impose strong penalty to students with expired visa.
For students holding non-immigrant visa with Education (ED) type,
- 20 days prior to visa expiration date, students are obligated to submit following documents at Office of International Affairs 2nd floor, 1st (Bld.), Romklao Campus
- Students will be informed the date to be accompanied to process documents at Immigration Bureau after the documents submission.
- Visa extension fee is 1,900 baht.
- Visa is valid only for one year after the extension.
- If the passport is valid less than one year, visa cannot be extended beyond passport expired date. Student must apply for passport renewal in-person at the Embassy of your country (student from the country that do not have Embassy in Thailand may have to go oversea for passport renewal). Student is required to re-apply for visa extension after passport renewal and submit required documents with 1,900 Baht fee for visa extension.
- For expired VISA,
- THB 500 fine is applied for each day holding expired visa.
- Possible incarceration in the immigration prison and fined up to 15,000 baht.
- Students are required to register and pay tuition fees to extend the visa.